Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Peace in the Valley


By Thomas A. Dorsey, "the father of Black gospel music", who remarked of himself, "I've been thrown out of some of the best churches in America"
YouTube biography
The man himself (video)
Biographies of Dorsey, A.K.A. Georgia Tom: short, medium, long

Rise Up Singing chapter: Peace, p.163

D - G - / D Bm E7 A / D - G - / D EA D -

I am tired and so weary, but I must toil on
Til the Lord comes to call me away
Where the morning's so bright and the Lamb is the Light
And the night, night is fair as the day

G - D - / - E A - / D D7 G E7 / D EA D -
There'll be peace in the valley for me someday
There'll be peace in the valley for me, oh Lord I pray
There'll be no sadness, no sorrow, no trouble I'll see
There'll be peace in the valley for me

D - G - / D Bm E7 A / D - G - / D EA D -

Well the bear will be gentle and the wolf will be tame
And the lion will lay down by the lamb
And the beasts from the wild will be led by a child
I'll be changed, changed from this creature that I am

No comments:

Post a Comment