Sunday, July 26, 2009

Union Maid

Song begins at 2:29 (after I give up on on the new guitar and switch back to the little one.)
Chord review at 4:37
A little a capella rendition of the original song "Redwing" at 0:40

"And the moon shines tonight on pretty Redwing..."

The rendition by Arlo Guthrie and Sarah Lee Guthrie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9iuYDK2x-o

"Ladies' auxiliary" is the term I'm searching for at 1:24 see the above video link.

Here are the verse chords:
D - G D / A D E A / D - G D / A D A D
And the chorus:
G - D - / A - D - ://

There once was a union maid who never was afraid
Of goons and ginks and company finks and the deputy sheriffs that made the raids
She went to the union hall when a meeting it was called
And when the company boys came 'round she always stood her ground

Chorus:
Oh you can't scare me, I'm sticking to the union
I'm sticking to the union, I'm sticking to the union
Oh you can't scare me, I'm sticking to the union
I'm sticking to the union until the day I die

No comments:

Post a Comment