Sunday, July 5, 2009

Little Brown Jug


Traditional American drinking song (U.S.A.)
Rise Up Singing chapter: Good Times, p.88
G C / D7 G :// 3x

My wife and I live all alone
In a little brown hut we call our own
She loves gin and I love rum
Tell you what, don't we have fun
Ha ha ha, you and me
Little brown jug don't I love thee? (repeat)

'Tis you that makes my friends my foes
'Tis you that makes me wear old clothes
But here you are so near my nose
So tip her up and down she goes

Me and the wife and the little brown dog
Crossed the creek on a hollow log
The wife and the dog fell in, kerplunk
But I held on to the little brown jug

If I had a cow that gave such milk
I'd dress her in the finest silk
Feed her on the choicest hay
And milk her forty times a day

When I die, don't bury me at all
Just pickle my bones in alcohol
Put a bottle o' booze at my head and feet
And then I know that I will keep

The rose is red, my nose is too
The violet's blue and so are you
And I guess, before I stop
I'd better take another drop

No comments:

Post a Comment