Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Go Down, Moses


A traditional spiritual
Rise Up Singing chapter: Freedom, p.59

Em B7 Em - Em B7 Em - / Em B7 Em C Em B7 Em -
When Israel was in Egypt's land - Let my people go
Oppressed so hard they could not stand - Let my people go

Em - Am - Em B7 Em C / Em - Bm - Em B7 Em -
Go down, Moses, way down in Egypt land
Tell old Pharoah to let my people go

"Thus spoke the Lord" bold Moses said - Let my people go
If not, I'll smite your firstborn dead - Let my people go

No more shall they in bondage toil - Let my people go
Let them come out with Egypt's spoil - Let my people go

We need not always weep and mourn - Let my people go
And wear these slavery chains forlorn - Let my people go

Your foes shall not forever stand - Let my people go
You shall possess your own good land - Let my people go

Oh, let us all from bondage flee - Let my people go
And soon may all the earth be free - Let my people go

No comments:

Post a Comment