Monday, August 17, 2009

Rise Up Singing: Do Re Mi (The Sound of Music)

I'm at camp in Maine, it's awesome. If I haven't put the chords and lyrics up here by the end of August 2009, please remind me by leaving a comment!


(Later) Here they are:
Words by Oscar Hammerstein II, music by Richard Rodgers
Rise Up Singing chapter: Creativity, p.23

GD G / GD G / F C / FG C - - / G C / - - / - G
Let's start at the very beginningA very good place to start
When you read, you begin with A, B, C
When you sing you begin with do, re mi (do, re mi, do re mi)
The first three notes just happen to be
Do re mi (children): do, re, mi
Do re mi fa sol la ti
(spoken: Come! I'll make it easier for you. Listen:)

C - / G - / C - / F - / C F / D G / E AmC7 / FG C
Doe - a deer, a female deer
Ray - a drop of falling sun
Me - a name I call myself
Far - a long long way to run
Sew - a needle pulling thread
La - a note to follow "sew"
Tea - a drink with jam and bread
That will bring us back to do (doe)

No comments:

Post a Comment