Friday, August 7, 2009

Everybody's Talking


By Fred Neil
Rise Up Singing chapter: Outdoors, p.152
Knowing the movie Midnight Cowboy in which this was featured, though, I can't feel it belongs in this chapter. It seems to be more about some sort of emotional trauma.

C - - - / - G C - / C - - - / C G C -
Everybody's talking at me, I don't hear a word they're saying
Only the echoes of my mind
People stop and staring, I can't see their faces
Only the shadows of their eyes

F G C Gm / F G C - ://
I'm going where the sun keeps shining through the pouring rain
Going where the weather suits my clothes
Banking off the northeast wind, sailing on a summer breeze
Skipping over the ocean like a stone

C - - - / - G C - / C G C -
Everybody's talking at me, I don't hear a word they're saying
Only the echoes of my mind
I won't let you leave my love behind

The line "I'm going where the *climate* suits my clothes" appears in the traditional song "Shady Grove" (also in Rise Up Singing) and in Hally Wood's song "Worried Blues", which I know from Bob Dylan (that's the song I talk about in the video).
-Worried Blues
-Hally Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment