Monday, November 24, 2008

Twofer! Everyday and The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face


Words and music by Ewan MacColl
Rise Up singing chapter: Love, p.123
D A D - / - - F#m G / D Em D - / C - D - / /

Now you'll see if you watch the video that I don't hit all the chords exactly on the beat represented above. But it's no big deal. I think it sounds good the way I do it, and it sounds good if you adhere strictly to the pattern above too. I just come in a little early on some of the chords, I think.

Also, I shouldn't have had the gall to have an opinion on the number of Ewan MacColl's marriages. Clearly it's none of my business.


Words and music by Norman Petty and Charles Hardin
Rise Up Singing chapter: Love, p.123
D - G A / / D - G A (x2)
G - - - / C - - - / F - - - / Bb - A -

Go listen to Buddy Holly and the Crickets' version. I consider it to be definitive. As for the president, I was thinking of Warren G. Harding, and also John Wesley Harding the outlaw, who's name is "Wes Hardin" in Johnny Cash's "Hardin Wouldn't Run". Good song, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment