Friday, November 21, 2008

I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry


Words and music by Hank Williams
Rise Up Singing chapter: Hard Times & Blues, p.102

R.U.S. chords:
C ↓ C C7 / F C CG C

Those work fine, but I prefer to play it this way. Don't get confused, it's very similar to the R.U.S. chord pattern, it's just been transposed into the key of G:

G ↓D G G7 / C G GD G

Or you could do the same thing but stop at C and walk down to the final G:

G ↓D G G7 / C G GD C↓G

Normally I'd throw that in only on the very last verse, even though I lay it on a bit thick here.
This is my 4th Hard Times and Blues song in a row and my 5th
overall, so soon it's going to be time to move on to fresher pastures. You may or may not see one final H.T&B song from me tomorrow before we switch gears, it'll all depend on what side of the bed I get up on.

Last note: please leave comments if you have anything to say. Bad comments are better than nothing at all, especially if you're a stranger. My ego isn't quite that fragile.

2 comments:

  1. That was beautiful. We are here in Brooklyn, NY listening to your posts. Awesome.

    Mark, Cara and Kirk.

    Have you played "If I Only Had a Brain" yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete