Monday, June 7, 2010

My Sweet Wyoming Home (Rise Up Singing)


By Bill Staines
Rise Up Singing chapter: Farm and Prairie, p.54

C -F - / G - FG C / - G Am - / Dm G C -
There's a silence on the prairie that a man can't help but feel
There's a shadow growing longer now a-nipping at my heels
I know that soon that old four-lane that runs beneath my wheels
Will take me home to my sweet Wyoming home

I headed down the road last summer with a few old friends of mine
They all hit the money, Lord, I didn't make a dime
The entrance fees they took my dough, the traveling took my time
And I'm headed home to my sweet Wyoming home

C - FEm Dm / G - F C / C - FEm Dm / G - C -
Watch the moon, it's smiling in the sky
And hum a tune, a prairie lullaby
Peaceful wind and old coyote's cry
A song of home, my sweet Wyoming home

F - C - / F Am G -
(bridge) Well the rounders they all wish you luck when they know you're in a jam
But your money's riding on the bull and he don't give a damn

There are shows in all the cities but cities turn your heart to clay
It takes all a man can muster just to try and get away
The songs I'm used to hearing ain't the kind the jukebox plays
And I'm headed home, to my sweet Wyoming home

And now I've always loved the riding, there ain't nothing quite the same
And another year might bring the luck, the winning of the game
But there's a magpie on a fence rail and he's calling out my name
And he calls me home, to my sweet Wyoming home

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much! And, not that I'm an expert, but the Appalachian Trail goes through all of the New England states except for Little Rhody.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! And, not that I'm an expert, but the Appalachian Trail goes through all of the New England states except for Little Rhody.

    ReplyDelete