Sunday, November 8, 2009

Song of the Soul


By Cris Williamson
Rise Up Singing chapter: Faith, p.47

A E / - A / - D / E A

Open mine eyes, that I may see

Glimpses of truth Thou hast for me
Open mine eyes, illumine me
Spirit divine

A ED / E DE / A ED / E A
Love of my life, I am crying
I am not dying, I am dancing
Dancing along in the madness
There is no sadness, only a song of the soul

E - AD A / D E D A / E - AD A / D E A -
And we'll sing this song, why don't you sing along?
And we can sing for a long, long time
Why don't you sing this song? Why don't you sing along?
And we can sing for a long, long time

What do you do for your living?
Are you forgiving, giving shelter?
Follow your heart, love will find you
Truth will unbind you, seek out a song of the soul

(Or: Truth will unbind you, sing out a song of the soul)

Come to your life like a warrior
Nothing will bore you, you can be happy
Let in the light, it will heal you
And you can feel you, sing out a song of the soul

No comments:

Post a Comment