Sunday, September 13, 2009

Hallelujah, I'm a Bum

(Song begins at 0:28)
Here's Lewdite, whom I mention in the video. I don't know where he picked up the line "how can I work when the sky is so blue?" but I know I picked it up from him (via YouTube).
http://www.youtube.com/user/lewdite

Rise Up Singing chapter: Rich and Poor, p.181
Words by Harry McClintock; melody by John J. Husband ("Revive Us Again")
G - - - / - - - D / G - - D / G C D G

Oh why don't you work, like other men do?
How can I work when there's no work to do?
Hallelujah, I'm a bum, hallelujah, bum again
Hallelujah give us a handout to revive us again
(Alt: How can I work when the sky is so blue?)

I went to a house, I knocked on the door
The lady said, "Scram, bum, you've been here before"
Hallelujah...

Whenever I get all the money I earn
The boss will go broke and to work he must turn...

Oh, I love my boss, he's a good friend of mine
That's why I am starving out on the bread line...

Oh why don't you save all the money you earn?
If I didn't eat, I'd have money to burn...

No comments:

Post a Comment