Monday, September 7, 2009

Be Thou My Vision

Natasha, opening: "This is dedicated to my sister, Tina. Page 40, be thou my vision."

Words, ancient Irish, translated by Mary E. Byrne (1880-1931); versified by Eleanor Hull (1860-1935); melody, traditional Irish ("Slane")
Rise Up Singing chapter: Faith, p.40
D GA - Bm - A D / A EmD - GD - A
G GD - D G - A / D GD - G D

I found the chord rhythm a little hard to catch on this one. Natasha had just taught it to me, so I'm really just trying to follow her. I recommend that's what you try to do too, I guess.

Lyrics (partial):
Be Thou my vision, O Lord of my heart
Naught be all else to me save that thou art
Thou my best thought, by day or by night
Waking or sleeping, they presence my light

Be Thou my wisdom and Thou my true word
I ever with thee and Thou with me, Lord
Thou my great Father, I thy true son
High King of heaven, my victory won

(There are 2 more verses I'll type out later)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This is a wonderful version! Why not submit it on youtube?

    ReplyDelete