Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Crawdad


Traditional American
Rise Up Singing chapter: p.151
E - / - B7 / EE7 A7 / EB7 E

You get a line and I'll get a pole, honey
You get a line and I'll get a pole, babe
You get a line and I'll get a pole, we'll go down to the crawdad hole
Honey, sugar baby, mine

Get up old man, you slept too late, honey...
...crawdad man done passed your gate...
Yonder come a man with a sack on his back
...packin' all the crawdads he can pack
The man fall down and he bust his sack
...hey, look at them crawdads back in back
What you gonna do when the lake goes dry
...sit on the bank and watch crawdads die
What you gonna do when the crawdads die
...sit on the bank until I cry
Crawdad sitting on the riverbank
...pickin his teeth with a two-by-four plank
Look at that crawdad crawlin' 'round
...he's the mayor of crawdad town
I heard the duck say to the drake
...there ain't no crawdads in this lake

No comments:

Post a Comment