Friday, May 29, 2009

The Riddle Song (adapted)


Totally a traditional song
Adapted and arranged by me
Rise Up Singing chapter: Lullabies, p.135
RUS chords: D G - D / A D - A / / G - - D
My chords: D G - D / A D G A / / G - D -

Played in A in the video: A D - A / E A D E / / D - A -

I gave my love a cherry that had no stone
I gave my love a chicken that had no bone
I told my love a story that had no end
And I found my love a baby that wouldn't cry

Well how can there be a cherry that has no stone?
How can there be a chicken that had no bone?
How can there be a story that has no end?
And I've never met a baby that didn't cry

A cherry when it's blooming it has no stone
A chicken when it's pippin, it has no bone
A story of "I love you" it has no end
And a baby when it's sleeping doesn't cry

This is a flower, not a cherry that has no stone
A pippin's not a chicken 'cause all chickens they have bones, guess what:
Just cause you say "I love you" doesn't mean that it won't end
Although a baby when it's sleeping doesn't cry
But just wait 'til it wakes up: it's gonna cry

No comments:

Post a Comment