Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Jesus Won't You Come by Here? (Daniel in the Lions' Den)

Anonymous (of unknown authorship)
Rise Up Singing chapter: Gospel, p. 94
Chords:
D - G D - - A - / D - G D - A D -
Although I just realized that I play this:
D - G D - A D - ://
The difference is small. I should have gone up at the end of the first line and then resolved only at the end of the second line. Instead, I sung each line as if it were a verse, ending them by going down - know what I mean?

Annnyway, the lyrics:
Jesus, won't you come by here? (2x) Jesus won't you come by here?
Now is the needed time (2x) Jesus won't you come by here?

Listen, can't you hear me call? (2x) Jesus won't you come by here?
Now is a needed time (2x) Jesus won't you come by here?

And Daniel was in the lions' den (2x) Daniel in the lions' den
He said, "Lord, have mercy on me" (2x) Jesus won't you come by here?

He said, "Lord, you said you'd answer prayer" (3x)
or
"You promised that you'd answer prayer" (3x)

Well the Lord, He sent an angel down (3x)
And the angel shut the lions' mouths (3x)
or
And the angel locked the lions' jaws (3x)

No comments:

Post a Comment