Monday, October 26, 2009

Changes (Phil Ochs)


By Phil Ochs
Look, folks, I really apologize for my sub-standard rendition here. Please take it as a teaching aid and not as artistic performance, because I know it's lacking there.
Lots of love, enjoy singing this one.
-Matthew

Rise Up Singing chapter: Time and Changes, p.222
C D G Em / C D Bm / C Am D G / C D G -

Sit by my side, come as close as the air
Share in my memories of grey
Wander in my world, dream about the pictures
That I play of changes

Green leaves of summer turn red in the fall
To brown and to yellow they fade
Then they have to die trapped within the circle time
Parade of changes

Scenes of my young years were warm in my mind
Vision of shadows that shine, til
One day I returned and found that they were victims
Of the vine of changes

No comments:

Post a Comment