Sunday, October 25, 2009

Five Little Pumpkins (R.U.S. Bonus)


I didn't put any guitar chords to this one.

Five little pumpkins sitting on a gate
The first one said, "Oh my, it's getting late"
The second one said, "There are witches in the air"
The third one said, "But WE don't care!"
The fourth one said, "Let's run and run and run"
The fifth one said, "I'm ready for some fun"
Woo-ooo went the wind and out went the light
And the five little pumpkins rolled out of sight

Alternate tune to the same tune (or just the same rhythm, if you're chanting it):
Five little squirrels sitting in a tree.
The first one said, "What do I see?"
The second one said, "Some nuts on the ground."
The third one said, "Those nuts I found."
The fourth one said, "I'll race you there."
The Fifth one said, "All right, that's fair."
So they shook their tails and ran with glee
To the nuts that lay at the foot of the tree

Squirrel poem taken with thanks from www.preschoolrainbow.org

A third version from musicbox193:
Five baby dinosaurs hatching from their eggs
the first one said, "I have long legs"
the second one said, "Oh where is my mother?"
the third one said, "I must be your brother"
the fourth one said, "I'm hungry for some food"
the fifth one said, "I am too"
so they all went for a walk on their tiny little feet to go searching in the swamp for something good to eat

And another version of Five Little Squirrels, also from musicbox193:
Five little squirrels sitting in a tree
The first one said, "What do I see?"
The second one said, "It's a man with a gun!"
The third one said, "We better run!"
The fourth one said, "Let's hide in the shade"
The fifth one said, "I'm not afraid"
Then up came the man and BANG went the gun
And the five little squirrels, how they did run!

No comments:

Post a Comment