Tuesday, January 18, 2011

To Everyone in all the World


French translation by Raffi
Chord arrangement by me

D - A D / D - A D / G D A7 D / G D G D / G A D -
To everyone in all the world I reach my hand, I shake their hand
To everyone in all the world I shake my hand like this
All, all together, the whole wide world around
I may not know your lingo, but I can say, "By jingo!"
No matter where you live we can shake hands

A tous et chacun dans le monde, je leur tend la main, je leur donne la main
A tous et chacun dans le monde, je leur tend la main comme ça
Tous, tous ensemble, au monde entier je chante
C'est très facile entre humains avec une poignée de main
N'importe où dans le monde on peut s'entendre

For those dilettantes working out the French on their own, note that s'entendre can have the meaning of 'hear each other", "understand each other" or "get along", and in this case, it's "get along".

No comments:

Post a Comment