Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Oh, Mary Don't You Weep

(Song begins at 2:10, chord review at 2:23)
Rise Up Singing chapter: Freedom, p.63

Chords: D A / - D / G D / DA D ://

If I could I surely would
Stand on the rock where Moses stood
Pharaoh's army got drownded
Oh, Mary don't you weep

Chorus:
Oh, Mary don't you weep, don't you mourn
Oh, Mary don't you weep, don't you mourn
Pharaoh's army got drownded
Oh, Mary don't you weep

Moses stood on the Red sea shore / Smotin' the water with a two by four...
(or "Moses stood on the Red sea shore / Smiting the water with a two by four...")
The Lord told Moses what to do / To lead those Hebrew children through...
God gave Noah the rainbow sign / No more water but fire next time...
Mary wore three links of chain / And every link was Jesus' name...
When I get to heaven, gonna sing and shout / Nobody up there to put me out...
One of these mornings, it won't be long / You're gonna call my name, but I'll be gone...
One of these days about twelve o'clock / This old world is gonna reel and rock...
One of these days in the middle of the night / People gonna rise and set things right...

No comments:

Post a Comment