Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Man in the Moon is a Newfie


This is a Stompin' Tom Connors song as a bonus to the Rise Up Singing project. That's this project. I play all 1,200 songs from "Rise Up Singing", one by one. This isn't one of them, which is why it's a bonus.

Kate Beaton (I talk about my feelings for her at 3:20) made a great strip about Stompin' Tom for her comic "Hark, a Vagrant!". It'll tell you what Stompin' Tom Connors is about. http://www.harkavagrant.com/index.php?id=60

Stompin' Tom is Canadian, awesome, a nationalist and almost definitely also a federalist. I am definitely ONE of those things, maybe two (on a really good day), possibly three, but sure not four of 'em. But that's for another song. If we met, I'd just try to be friendly enough that he'd like me anyway. Here's hoping...

No comments:

Post a Comment